Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello all.  So, I have decided to try something a little bit different for my blog now.  In the past I have been simply posting a lot of the updates with my shop which I will continue to do, although I am thinking I would like to include some more about myself as well...

I'm not really sure how to begin so I think I will start with showing you all a piece of my home, or rather, my current fiber studio...

Here is my drum carder...yes this thing is a monster and I was not expecting it to be nearly this big when I ordered this!  My drum carder before this was the Ashford wild drumcarder which was maybe a third of the size of this...



This is how I figure out the colors I use in my batts...I put together an arrangement of colors I want to go together and then just add them as I go..=)


And this finally is my dye studio which actually was awesome for me to acquire at the time because before this I was working in the kitchen where my mom also spends her time doing her crafts and of course not to mention any sort of cooking/eating we might do in there which led to me constantly having to break down and set up my dying station again, which trust me...is a very large pain in the arse.


Anyway, so these are some pics of my fiber area at home...I will try to include some more at a later point, although right now it is in a state of disaster because I'll admit I'm not the most organized person, therefore you guys will have to wait until I get this area a little bit more under control.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Nellie, I have seen your dyeing studio in person, and I don't even want to hear that you're not organized! I am super jealous of your studio space :)

    ReplyDelete