Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hello all.  I know I don't really post much on here, although I have decided I want to try to post more from now on.  I haven't really posted anything because it feels somewhat odd posting when I know there isn't too many people out there who even know about my blog, therefore it kind of seems like I am writing to myself!  Anyway, I am going to write regardless.  First thing is first, I wanted to share my new shop updates.  I have been working hard on my dying...(until recently it hasn't seemed to be going my way), and now I have finally posted some dye jobs I can feel happy about posting.  =)  Here is some alpaca I dyed and just added:


 


(I really wish I knew of a better way to display these pictures! =/  Anyway, these are the dye jobs for the alpaca...I have also been dying some other fiber as well such as mulberry silk noil and some nylon shiny firestar like stuff.  I have decided not to sell those though, at least for now so I can use them for making batts with my own dyed material.  Here is a pic though of some of these dyed fibers all together...I took the picture while they were all still drying outside:


The plum and orange stuff is the mulberry silk noil, and the green and bluish purple are the nylon.  I can't believe these actually came out this bright!  I discovered citric acid crystals which definitely helped in this process...  I also made some batts I included in my shop, although I am going to wait until later today to post about those so I can try to keep my posts consistently being updated...so check back later for that..=)


No comments:

Post a Comment