Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am currently working on a new technique!  I just took a class and learned how to do this a few days ago.  This is fiber covered wire!


This can be used for a variety of projects such as beading, creating baskets, and anything you might want a flexible wire to make!  I can make these on a variety of different wire gauges/thicknesses.  This particular pic is of fiber spun over flower wire, 28 gauge, although there is a plastic coating over this wire so the wire appears thicker.  I have also created some of these on a true 28 gauge copper wire with a variety of different fiber colors.  I plan to post some of these in my shop soon, although am waiting until I come up with a tutorial for how you can cut this wire for your projects and still have the fiber cover the wire for the most part at the ends.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment